Data Protection Policy: Updated: 23rd May 2018
1. Introduction and General Terms
Our websites contain hyperlinks to websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, including cookies, and we urge you to review them. They will govern the use of personal information you submit or are collected by cookies whilst visiting these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. Information which may be collected
When you purchase products or services online from PharmaSchool, when you are registered for any courses and when you sign up for any free online services, such as a MyGCPZone account or an online module account we will need to ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, e mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, and the company you work for.
3. How we use the information we collect
PharmaSchool will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- To provide you with information you have requested (e.g. notification e-mails, password reminders or administration information such as service suspension for maintenance shut);
- to contact you about a service you are using such as allocation of a resit for a failed examination
- to record your participation in any courses and your scores for examinations;
- To provide the Certificate Verification Code Checker service for anyone who wishes to validate your completion of a course and your examination score(s)
If we were to propose using your personal information for any other uses we would ensure that we notify you first, and to give you the opportunity to refuse.
4. Circumstances when PharmaSchool may contact you.
We may contact you:
- in relation to a product or service you have purchased to make sure it works properly;
- to provide you with information you have requested, such as update e-mails;
- in relation to any information you have posted, for example questions in an online module, comments on our social media posts;
- for marketing purposes if you have specifically agreed to this
5. Sharing of Information
PharmaSchool will never share your information with anyone else except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
The CVC checker does allow anyone with access to your name and CVC to access information about your participation and any examination scores. This information is your responsibility and you should not share this information with anyone unless you wish them to be able to verify your certificate(s).
6. Offensive or inappropriate content on the PharmaSchool website
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to our website, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the website, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where we have reasonable grounds to believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
7. How long PharmaSchool will keep personal information
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary to provide relevant services or support relevant products purchased from us. In the case that you wish to be removed from our database please e-mail us at email@example.com explaining which services you wish to remove and putting "Subscription Cancellation" as the subject line. We will delete you from the services as requested, but reserve the right to retain information if necessary in accordance with legal requirements (for example the GCP Directive 2005/28/EC or the Clinical Trials Regulation 536/2014).
Where you contribute to PharmaSchool websites, e.g questions in online modules, we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
8. Your Rights
Under the Data Protection Laws you have the following rights:
- Rectification – we have to put right any incorrect information we hold about you
- Access to the information we hold about you
- You can complain to Data Protection authority if you think we are breaking the law
- Erasure – you have the “right to be forgotten”, however this does not apply if we have a legal obligation to hold the information, such as information about your training records under GCP legislation
- For your information not to be evaluated solely by automated processing – if you have a question about your examination score for example, a member of PharmaSchool’s staff will review your exam
- Data portability (right to receive a copy – please see below)
- Restricted processing – we can only use the information you give us in the way we have described and which is necessary for the purposes we hold information for
Finding out what personal information PharmaSchool holds about you:
If you are resident in the EU under the Data Protection Laws you have the right to request a copy of the personal information held about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Policy to Data Protection, PharmaSchool Ltd., Level 2: The Rodgelands, Bank Lane , Abberley, Worcs. WR6 6BQ, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
9. PharmaSchool Websites outside of the UK
For international users accessing the site from outside the UK, the site is administered by PharmaSchool Ltd and all personal information submitted by you to the site goes directly to PharmaSchool and will be processed in accordance with this Data Protection Policy (and any local terms that apply on websites) unless terms on sites specify otherwise.
10. Changes to this Policy
This policy may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to any PharmaSchool website. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page.
11. Cookies Policy -Information PharmaSchool collects from you
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a "device") browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Many sites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor the websites to your interests. Users have the opportunity to set their devices to accept all cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these means that certain personalised services cannot then be provided to that user and accordingly you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the website’s features. Each browser is different, so check the "Help" menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
12. Data Protection
PharmaSchool’s website and our online management systems are owned and operated solely by PharmaSchool and we have systems in place to ensure confidentiality and security of any data we collect and hold. This includes a two part login system (username and password) for every user. Each user is responsible for their own login and it is vital that you do not disclose your login details to anyone else or allow anyone else to access your account, other than the PharmaSchool IT team, who may need access occasionally to resolve technical issues. If you think your login details have been compromised please e-mail email@example.com as soon as possible. We also recommend that you change your password when you first access your account and at regular intervals after that.
Legal Bases for Data Collection and Processing
PharmaSchool uses different legal bases for collecting and processing certain information.
- Some information is collected in order to allow us to provide a service – for providing online or classroom courses or MyGCPZone accounts
- Some information is held and processed in order to comply with a legal requirement – records of your participation in training activities under GCP legislation
- Some information is collected and processed after you have given your consent – to provide you with update and/or marketing e-mails. You have the option to cancel this consent at any time and we will remove you from our database.